Beta 8.10 released

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Oct 5 17:26:20 UTC 2008

Brendan wrote:

> On Saturday 04 October 2008, O. Sinclair wrote:
>> I will very likely stay with KDE3 until I consider KDE4 ready for
>> production computers, said to be around KDE 4.2. However, Kubuntu 8.04
>
> No offense intended, but who cares what you consider ready for production
> computers?

OK, I understand the frustration on both sides of the debate, but how can
you say "No offense intended" and "Who cares?" in the same sentence.
Saying you don't care about somebody else's considerations is guaranteed to
give offense.  At least when I offend, I don't try to pretend otherwise...

> Isn't a NON-LTS supposed to be a bit edgier than LTS releases?

That argument might carry some weight if kubuntu 8.04 had been an LTS
release.  It wasn't...

I'm unaware of any actual policy to that effect, anyway.  It's something
that I first saw suggested _yesterday_.

> Yes, there are bugs, but I, being able to type on the keyboard, have filed
> the bugs on bugs.kde.org.

And yet, that's not the right place to file bugs if you want to see them
solved in Kubuntu...

> If you don't like 4, stick with 3, it's in the repos.

Isn't that what he _said_ he was going to do?
--
derek