Beta 8.10 released

claydoh claydoh at midmaine.com
Sat Oct 4 22:01:44 UTC 2008

On Saturday 04 October 2008 5:38:05 pm Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Saturday 04 October 2008, Knapp wrote:
> > Your hair is gone but kde 3 is not and is an option, if someone had
> > wanted to do it. I hope 4 works out for them. I think talking much
> > more about this is rather pointless. October 30 we will see what
> > happens.
>
> I find 8.10 to be a non-starter so far.  (but yes, it is a beta)
>
> 1) My left arrow key on the keyboard doesn't work in 4.1.   It works in a
> console level  session.
> 2) I have yet to figure out how to configure my nic card.  I usually assign
> static IP's.  Can't do it.  It does use dhcp ok so I can connect.
Are you able to access connection settings from clicking the knetworkmanager
icon on your tray?
> 3) Too many things just don't work at all.  Don't even show up.
Which things?
> 4) It's terribly slow.
I think this is one of the true problem area we have in Intrepid. Many people
are seeing slower performance, while others are seeing better. Oddly my P4-M
2.0ghz laptop w/1gb ram, 32 mb ati mobility graphics feels noticeably snappier
than KDE3 for me, and that is with kwin effect running in Intrepid, no compiz
or anything in Hardy.

--
Clay Weber