Beta 8.10 released

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Oct 4 13:37:07 UTC 2008

Valter Mura wrote:
> Il sabato 4 ottobre 2008 11:08:12 Steve Lamb ha scritto:
> > Valter Mura wrote:
> > > In any case, as already explained, I need the new version because I
> > > participate in both localization groups, KDE and Ubuntu, so I need
> > > to check several programs and OS GUIs on the fly.
> >
> >     For stuff like that why not VBox it?  No sense in mucking up your
> > work environment when you can put a development environment in a VM
> > which you can destroy without worry and install anything you need to
> > look at at the time without fear of breaking anything you actually
> > use.
>
> This is why I need your help :-)
> I've never thought on that and, as I don't know if I'm able to setup
> it.
>
> What exactly do I have to install? VirtualBox?

Yes, install VirtualBox and then create VMs for each OS you want to use.
If you need USB support, you need the PUEL version available at
<http://www.virtualbox.org>. That version has some more additional
features which aren't available for the GPL version. If you only need the
GPL version, you can install it from the Ubuntu repositories.

Nils