Beta 8.10 released

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Sat Oct 4 12:41:30 UTC 2008

Hi all,

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:

> I don't think you can really blame it on (K)Ubuntu, or maybe shouldn't.
> After all, the Kubuntu team did release 8.04 in both flavors of KDE.
> They should get some thanks for that.
>
> IMHO, the problem stems from the KDE devel team.

That is simply _not_ true! If you read planetkde.org, you would be
aware that there has been quite some criticism about distributions
rushing into KDE 4 before 4.2. So the blame is entirely on the
distributors side.

> Because several of the
> major distro's were getting major releases ready at about the same time
> they rushed to release KDE4 before it was ready. I'm sure that with time
> KDE4 will come to be everyone's favorite desktop. If everyone will just
> calm down and give it a chance to "grow up". From a few comments I've
> heard KDE3 was NOT a great choice when it was first released. [ I'm a
> relative newcomer - KDE3 has been the only version since I started my
> migration ]

Thanks a lot, Billie! Let me tune in with you and address all others
who seem to be here only to complain:

If you want a running stable system, stay with 8.04 and KDE 3.5.10.
Period. Is it a new sport to install unstable software clearly marked
as such and then complain it is _not_ stable?

I'm fed off with people who only complain, but with their behavior are
fully responsible if their system is not stable. Nobody forces anybody
to use 8.10. If you do, cope with it, else shut up.

BTW: All releases after a LTS form Ubuntu are "bleeding edge", if you
read the announcements, this has been made clear. If you are not
comfortable with bleeding edge software, simply don't run it.

Greets

Myriam

--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org