Beta 8.10 released

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Oct 3 19:47:55 UTC 2008

P Kapat wrote:

> Aha, as someone else mentioned, this is where the problem is: most of
> the applications as soon as they get ported to KDE4 will receive
> *only* critical bug fixes for their KDE3 counterparts.

Actually, if KDE 3 is anything to go by, you won't even get _critical_ bug
fixes.  There haven't been any significant improvements to KDE3 for years,
because _all_ development was directed to KDE4.  And the really annoying
thing is that of all the KDE bug reports I've been subscribed to for all
that time (almost all in kdepim), only one actually seems to have been
fixed in KDE4.  I love KDE, but when nobody will fix the problems in the
applications we _currently_ use, I can't see it having a future.

--
derek