Internal laptop WiFi cards

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sun Nov 30 00:21:19 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 Nov 2008, Nils Kassube wrote:
> David Fletcher wrote:
>
> Actually there are usually 2 separate antennas. It wouldn't really work
2 days ago I knew nothing about these. Now I know far more than I did!

> That aren't simple wires but coaxial cables.
Better not to chop them then.

> Don't cut the cables - you can't extent them with simple wires. You would
Just as well I didn't :-)

> However I can't tell you if such extension cables are available at all.
I very much doubt it.

> But if you cut the cables you can't use the internal antennas any longer.
>
> I would suggest you try to find a PCMCIA card or a USB stick for WLAN.
I have both, but I'm not too impressed with their sensitivity. Hence I want to
try to use the built in antennas. If I can't get it to work, I'll just have
to revert and be satisfied.

Dave