Password question.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 26 08:42:56 UTC 2008

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Monday 24 November 2008, Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I am totally out of my comfort zone here.  I don't understand anything
>> about what is happening.  I am drowning.
>>

> I hope you saved my last email   "The last word on Passwords" because I think
> that is the answer to your happiness.
>
> Forget  xhost   and 'su'  and all that stuff.   What you want, can't be done.

Dear Bruce,

I must have received more than 100 emails on this post.  I could not
save them all, so when I found that I could not do what I want, I
discarded them all.  I have 2 from you that I am responding to today;
that is all.

After reading this email, I have decided to install the toughest
firewalls I am able to get, if you can install more than one, and go
back to my granddaughter name.  When I operated Windows, I never set a
password.  I never had any problem that I know of either.  Another
possibility is a fingerprint scanner, if that would work.  Can a person
enter a sudo shell or Adept or Synaptic with a fingerprint scanner?
That may be my solution.

When I install Intrepid, I a going back to 'em'.

Cordially,
Steven