Translate Italian, I think.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 15:37:02 UTC 2008

Alan Dacey wrote:

>> Thanks Alan,
>>
>> I hope you notice I am understanding a lot more, thanks to you all.  I
>> could tell by the words I recognized that this was a friend, so I want
>> to communicate with him or her as well as I am able.  Thanks for the
>> reference, I searched once before but got so confused I quit the
>> effort.  It looks like the translation will need a little translating
>> too, but I am sure I can manage.
>>
>> Cheers! Ciao, and Cordially,
>>
>> Steven
>>

> They are not perfect, but at least you can understand (mostly) what someone else
> is trying to tell you :)  You can also probably translate your response into his
> language too and send that in your email.  I wonder how that would sound to him?
> I see that you are quite busy on the list lately.  It seems that you have got
> everybody helping you!  I have not seen the like in my short time on this list,
> I've been running linux for almost a year and a half now.  It makes me happy to
> be a part of it.
>
> Good luck translating!
>
> Alan

Alan,

I have been so stupid so long, I didn't think it possible to learn.  But
this fantastic forum is so helpful, I am learning by leaps and bounds.
I suspect it is showing in how my questions and responses are worded.
If it is not noticeable, I sure notice it.  I am so very happy that I am
laughing all the time.  I think I have laughed more since I entered the
list than in all the rest of my life.  Also, I almost do not sleep.
Because everyone has been so kind, I just keep on posting.  I am almost
at a point where I will know how to post my questions accurately enough
to enter some of the archives to get my answers there rather than
hogging the List time.

I am just hopeful that answering my questions will help some who haven't
been able to formulate the questions to get similar solutions, or are
too shy to try.  You, Alan are a bright light in my life.  You continue
to be so helpful.

One last thought, do solving my problems provide enough benefit to those
reading the posts to make it more valuable for the List for me to
continue to post the things I want to know even when I am able get into
the archives for myself?  It has been on my mind that I am hogging
precious air time.  Although I seem to be continually posting, I have
thought those who want to know the same things are getting the same help
when they read the solutions provided to me.  I want to do the better
thing for the List.  I just love it.  Always grateful.

Cheers! Chaio Bello, and Cordially,

Steven