For Nils who has helped me or any other expert, and Nubies like me.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 23 19:18:16 UTC 2008

nepal wrote:
> On Sunday 23 Nov 2008, Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> nepal wrote:

>>> Read the first two sentences of my original mail again.
>>>
>>> nepal
>>>
>> It looked like our conversation was on an email for Nils,
>> I am not sure, anyway, I have looked through both my
>> saved email folders and can't find it.  There are a
>> bunch.  I am going to take it that /.kde/share/config is
>> not a folder to delete.  I will keep looking.
>>
>> Steven
>>

> This is what I wrote;
>
> On Sunday 23 Nov 2008, nepal wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure but this can be done safely. In your file
>> manager navigate to /home/$USER/.kde/share/config
>>
>> In the list of files, find the file kwinrc, right click
>> it with the mouse and select rename. rename it to
>> something like kwinrc.old and hit enter. Rather than
>> delete the file, this way you can always go back to it
>> and change the name back to what it was if things don't
>> work out.
>>

> Try doing that to sort out your problem.
>
> "Is there a way to start over with original settings?"
>
> nepal.

Thanks, my friend.  I got a workable window back.  Recently, I installed
Compiz; I was getting used to its features.  When Configuration returned
to KDE, I expect default, the Compiz features returned, so I guess my
question relating to whether I would have to reconfigure everything
needn't have an answer.

When I began my attempt to learn more about entering commands, one of
the first recommendations was to reconfigure so that open windows would
automatically be activated when the mouse was on them.  I forget what
that is called and hope you understand by my description.  Have a great
Sunday.

Steven