For Nils who has helped me or any other expert, and Nubies like me.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 23 09:01:55 UTC 2008

nepal wrote:
> On Saturday 22 Nov 2008, Nils Kassube wrote:
>
>> Yes, obviously you understand what's going on. If you
>> want to learn more about the command line and basics of
>> the hardware, you may have a look at the rutebook
>> package. After you have installed that package you can
>> start reading with the file
>> "/usr/share/doc/rutebook/html/index.html". I think it
>> explains those things much better than I can.
>>

> Yes, I learned much from the Rute manual in my earlier days
> with Linux (and could have learned more) ;)
>
> Also for the command line there is the excellent;
>
>   http://linuxcommand.org/
>
> which I found best of all.
>
> nepal.

Dear Nepal,

I have been playing with settings and gotten myself into a pickle.  It
sounded pretty good to have 'focus' follows the mouse, however, I may
have set some other configuration that I don't particularly like.  Right
now, I don't know how to move a window by dragging.  Is that the way it
is supposed to be.  I don't seem to be able to resize a window either.
Also, the menu bar has almost disappeared.  Where I was playing around,
I have tried restoring defaults, however, it doesn't seem to change.  I
got carried away in settings and configuration when I just started into
'learning the shell'.  Is there a way to start over with original settings?

Did focus follows the cursor cause all this?

I feel like an idiot.

Steven