By viewing my Disk&File Systems in Hardy, can anyone see why one HDD is partially crippled?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 20 03:55:35 UTC 2008

For over a year, the HDD that my current OS is on, has had its larger
partition unusable.  My system is Hardy KDE3.5.10.
The HDD is an 80gb Maxtor.  20gb was partitioned with ext3 and made
primary.  My current version of Hardy in on that partition.  The balance
is 58gb according to Dolphin, and is unusable and empty.  When I click
on the vacant HDD, it says 'Permissin Denied'.  I would like to use the
empty space.  Additionally, I have a vacant area, 14gb, for another OS
that is unusable on a 200gb Maxtor HDD.  I wanted to put Intrepid on it
to get some experience.  The balance of the drive is used for storage in
two other partitions, one 68gb, the other 119gb.  I did not attach the
screen print, because I am pretty sure it exceeds the size limit of the
'List', however, I can send it to your email address for viewing.  If
you have a solution for my problem, I will figure a way to describe the
resolution of the problem and post that on the List, so others may learn
from it.  TIA.

Steven