The fall of KDE?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Nov 18 22:14:52 UTC 2008

Justin wrote:
[...]

> Perhaps the Kubuntu team should have left 3.5 as the default or, like Suse,
> made it an option at install time.

yes yes yes!
Option or extra dimensions or whatever, wonderful.

[...]

> KDE4 is an overhaul of a HUGE piece of software. Given the total time in
> development it is my opinion that KDE 4.1.3 is a titanic accomplishment and
> will surely become something great.

It is already something great but it seems to be obscured behind clouds.
Although I have had to cease offering it, and at present have begun
moving away, personally from it to gnome - as a defensive preparation
- I can clearly see and appreciate that it is a wonderful piece of
work and I am distraught that such creativity is causing me such concerns.

I hope against hope that the team can find a way of prospering along
paths for both the slower plodders like me and those I help who like a
rich (easy) environment with functionality, and those who crave and
relish much more bazazz! (As I myself also do occasionally....)
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user #10391