Can't find Compiz?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 18 17:24:33 UTC 2008

Paul Rumelhart wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> Several months ago, when I upgraded to Hardy, I tried Compiz Fusion.  I
>> was not very successful with it, so I removed it.  I wanted to try it
>> again, because I am building a new computer with lots of memory and
>> thought it could handle it better.  Nonetheless, when I installed Compiz
>> again, and I am pretty sure it installed about a dozen packages, the
>> only evidence I can find of it is a thing called Desktop Effects in the
>> System choice of the Kmenu.  I clicked on the button that seemed most
>> intensive, but I can't find anything, like configuration options or
>> features or anything at all.  I notice that when I open or close a file,
>> it kind of zooms in or out, but that cannot be all there is to Compiz.
>>
>> What do I do to access those features?  TIA.
>>
>> Steven
>>

> I installed a few other packages, like compizconfig-settings-manager and
> compiz-fusion-plugins-extra.  I also installed fusion-icon so I could
> get to some settings from the task bar.  I also have a few others
> installed.  I don't remember what was installed initially, except that
> the settings had to be installed to get most of the fun effects.

I installed the things you suggested while I am still responding to this
email.  Do you know if they work in 64 bit.  That will be my new system,
when I get it running on Intrepid?  Do you mind if I contact you
directly, I have questions that don't relate to the topic but are about
this subject?  Thanks so much.