The fall of KDE?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Nov 18 16:09:36 UTC 2008

<snip>

On 11/18/2008 alan c wrote:
>  I would like to avoid any comparison of linux with vista.
>  Mistakes by the party of the second part do not justify less mistakes
>  by the party of the first part.......
>  :-)

In some ways I'm not so sure that KDE 4.x and Vista comparisons can be
completely avoided. This summer I bought a new, off the shelf, laptop
that was of course pre-loaded with Vista.  [ First thing I did was dual
boot it with 8.04 *<]:oD  ]  To the eye KDE 4.x "looks" like someone is
trying to copy Vista. Loads of eye candy.

Personally I don't care for all the "eye candy" on either system.

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.