I lost some movie folders, need help to find them.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 18 00:33:48 UTC 2008

I changed the configuration on my Ktorrent program.  I created an
instruction so that when downloads completed they be transferred to
/media/sdb5/Completed Downloads.  The problem is, I meant to put them in
/media/sda5/CompletedDownloads.

I have a problem with my sdb5 partition, in fact I have lots of problems
with the partitions on that HDD.  In any event, my computer doesn't
think it does exist.  I intended to place the folders in sda5 not sdb5.
The problem is that several movies were downloaded and Ktorrent was
instructed to put them in a folder that my computer doesn't think
exists.  They went some place, but I don't know where.  I ran a find on
one of the titles, but nothing came up.

When a user screws up, do his errors just vaporize, or does the computer
put them some place?  And, can a person find that place?  TIA.

Steven