How do I get Kmail to show on the Kmenu/Internet dropdown again?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 15 21:23:50 UTC 2008

Billie Walsh wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I removed Kmail from the Kmenu dropdown when I decided to use
>> Thunderbird.  It is still installed on my computer.  I recently
>> purchased a new monitor with a 22" screen.  It allows me to increase
>> Print Size to an easily readable size on everything but Firefox and
>> Thunderbird.  There are ways to increase font size temporarily when you
>> read emails, but it is progressive requiring repeating a several click
>> process to get to an acceptable size, and nothing else on the screen
>> increases, so it only improves that area of the screen.  You can also
>> permanently increase the size of print when you write or reply to an
>> email, however, as before, the balance of the screen is still fine print.
>>

> TB and Ff don't usually follow the system defaults for font. They have
> to be set in the preferences for each one. I like the arial font for
> it's clearness and have to set the font size to about 18 on my LCD
> monitor to get it big enough [ about the same size as 12 on my old CRT
> and lower res ]. I can't read the standard sans serif as easily.

And does this change the font size of all the fonts on the page?  I
would like to open the program and easily be able to read the name of
the program, the menu items, when a menu item is opened, the choices,
the incoming email titles and the print size of my reply, without having
to enter the menu multiple times to make adjustments.  Everything else
works that way, why don't FF and TB?  I can find no configuration option
that allows for permanent changes.  It is probably my lack of
intelligence, however, that is why I am asking for help on a subject
that should be a no-brainer.