New monitor resolution problem.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 14 22:10:33 UTC 2008

My new monitor just came in.  Due to problems with my new system, I
can't use it with the new system.  I would like to use it on my old
system, however, maximum resolution for my older system is 1280 x 1024.
Instructions for the new monitor say to set the resolution to 1680 x
1050.  Not being the brightest bulb on the tree, I am concerned about
attempting it on my old machine.  All this wonderful equipment and I
can't seem to enjoy any of it.  Can I install this monitor on my old
machine without damaging the monitor?  TIA