Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Nov 14 17:44:21 UTC 2008

Francisco Borges wrote:

> Who says the software works?

NOBODY.  Nowhere in this thread has anybody suggested there's working
support.  I just fail to see how you can say that Kubuntu has _dropped_ support while they are rolling it out with whatever buggy software they
have.

> This bug is marked high priority on KDE bug system, so it really makes
> me wonder how you refuse to acknowledge that the bug exists -- despite
> not even using BT.

You're putting words into my mouth that I have never even implied.

>> What I'm "not buying" is a
>> blunt statement that there is way more testing of the Ubuntu (Gnome)
>> desktop. I don't think you can provide any evidence of that.
>>

> For one, I thought you were talking about the problems I had mentioned
> which you still seem to refuse that exist, despite said bugs in the
> contrary.

If you keep making up what I'm saying, I'm going to have start calling you names like "liar".

> In any case, if you want evidence about better support and QA on
> Ubuntu:
>
> There are more employes from Cannonical dedicated to QA Ubuntu than
> K*.

So?  There are way more developers, on both Ubuntu and Kubuntu than
there are Canonical employees.  And the Canonical employees who are
QA'ing "Ubuntu" are also QAing the common portions of both.

> There are way more users of Gnome as well, it pretty much follows

Citation, please.  It doesn't follow unless you can demonstrate the
truth of your proposition...

> that there should be more users and devs to use the betas, fill
> reports, and fix bugs.

Even then, it comes down to the activity and technical expertise of that
user base as to whether that means Ubuntu is better supported.

> You can always chose to ignore that.

You could always choose to actually prove your assertions.
--
derek