Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:21:02 UTC 2008

> I have heard that there are more 32 bit applications than 64 bit so it
> may be a smoother ride if you begin with 32 bit? THis is much more
> widely used than 64 bit anyway.
>
> Then as you log in you can use the menu and session list to choose
> either a gnome (ubuntu) or kde (kubuntu) session.
> Enjoy!
> --
> alan cocks

Alan, I have to disagree with you here. 64 bit works just fine. It can
also run these 32 bit apps if need be with the 64 bit system, it just
has 2 sets of libs for doing that. Also on my computer I only have one
32 bit app and that is Firefox because of java and flash problems with
64 bit (Have these been fixed yet? See I don't even know because it
has no impact on me.). This was installed automatically so I would
never even know that but for the fact that it was hard to do a few
years back.

--
Douglas E Knapp