Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Nov 12 16:52:42 UTC 2008

Steven Vollom wrote:

> Soon I will install an OS in my new computer.  It is 64 bit.  I have
> been advised that Ubuntu Intrepid is more stable than Kubuntu
> Intrepid.
> Do they contain the same features?  Would you choose Ubuntu or Kubuntu
> Intrepid?  Thanks!

I can't decide whether that's more likely to get an accurate answer here
or on the Ubuntu-Users list.

They're likely to tell you that Ubuntu is better than Kubuntu, anyway.
otoh, here, many are likely to tell you that Kubuntu 8.10 has gone
downhill.

Between Ubuntu & Kubuntu 8.04, Kubuntu is the hands-down winner.  8.10
has introduced KDE4 and for those of us used to KDE3, it's going to be a
learning curve.  otoh, if you don't know KDE at all, I'd suggest you're
readier for KDE4 than many of us!

The non-GUI parts of Ubuntu are the same for all flavors of the distro.

--
derek