Dolphin Tree View

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Nov 11 00:56:07 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:38:32 am Art Alexion wrote:
>>
>> Not the same.  Tree view in konq 3.5 shows expandable folders in the
>> main
>> window, not just a separate tree in a panel.  I can forward a screen
>> shot if that helps.
>
> Actually the F7 trick was really handy to me - had been looking for
> that, so thanks Grandparent message!
>
> And I think what you are looking for is:
>   Dolphin|Settings|Configure Dolphin|View Modes|Details|Expandable
>   Folders

YES!  Thank you, very much, that's exactly what I was looking for (I haven't actually tried to see if it works in the dolphinpart yet, but on its own I'd say that makes Dolphin almost usable for me.

otoh, I believe it was you who said the new Kontact was awesome?  I'm about to make the move to Evolution for all my PIM requirements.  There's nothing improved in Kontact, and much that's worse.  I'm completely disappointed.
--
derek