Is this possible?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 8 03:26:25 UTC 2008

Brendan wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2008, Art Alexion wrote:
>
>> I am typing this in the KDE 4.1 of 8.04.  I like the fact that I can try it
>> from time to time and judge its progress, and explore the differences.  I
>> will not soon be installing Intrepid because I can't switch back to KDE 3.5
>> when I don't have time to fool around.
>>

> You could always compile it yourself. It's a good learning experience and
> produces a slick 3.5.

I switched back to 3.5.9 and retained 8.10.  I am old with a poor
memory, but I think I just went into Adept Package Manager, located
'kde' and installed.  That was 3.5.9 at the time.  Then I removed all of
kde4 before rebooting.  In the end everything worked out fine and I
returned to the better kde application.  I like Kubuntu 8.10.  It works
great for me; it was KDE4 that I didn't care for.
Steven