Is this possible?

Alexander Smirnov alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:11:22 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Alexander Smirnov
> <alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Knapp wrote:
>>
>>> If you buy a car and black smoke pours out you don't expect people to tell you, you
>>> should have purchased last years version.
>>>
>> Have you ever heard stories about automobile maker companies - from time
>> to time they recall brand new cars for fixing "black smoke"?
>> In case of software, there is even no necessity to recall, patches are
>> send over internet for every significant problem.
>>
>> I believe you got your kubuntu for free and your budget wasn't impacted
>> as much as it could be in case with a car :)
>>

> So you are saying because this is open source project that makes it's
> cash by providing service that it does not need to work well? You are
> saying that the rep of Kubuntu is not important? That new users should
> expect it to fail because it is free? I think that NONE of this is
> true.
I do not agree with any sentence except the last one.

But i think that the major points for ubuntu are LTS distros.
And all others are just something intermediate(may be not the best
phrase), to show community the direction where ubuntu is going to go.

it's always reasonable to stick with LTS. And only in case if you want
something non-ordinary :) you can try intermediate release.
This is just my vision of ubuntu cycle.