Is this possible?

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:55:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Alexander Smirnov
<alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Knapp wrote:
>>
>> If you buy a car and black smoke pours out you don't expect people to tell you, you
>> should have purchased last years version.
> Have you ever heard stories about automobile maker companies - from time
> to time they recall brand new cars for fixing "black smoke"?
> In case of software, there is even no necessity to recall, patches are
> send over internet for every significant problem.
>
> I believe you got your kubuntu for free and your budget wasn't impacted
> as much as it could be in case with a car :)

So you are saying because this is open source project that makes it's
cash by providing service that it does not need to work well? You are
saying that the rep of Kubuntu is not important? That new users should
expect it to fail because it is free? I think that NONE of this is
true. Kubuntu is taking over because of the rep it has archived and
because it of the rep of ubuntu. Nether one of these products would be
where it is with an attitude that because it is free it can have low
quality. *ubuntu is a BRAND NAME. If you destroy that name with bad
products you do great harm to the future of *ubuntu. It does not take
long for people to brand a Distro as poor. I know, I started with
Mandrake. I will never go back to them after the way they treated
their users. Up to this point, not counting Dolphin with DID have an
alternate to fall back on, this distro has been run very well. I am
sure at a car company that release a bad product heads roll in the
background. It is NOT what the CEO wants to hear, they want
perfection. Perfection should be the goal here too. Some mistakes are
unavoidable but this one was easy to see and was pointed out
beforehand.
--
Douglas E Knapp