Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:11:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Steve Lamb <grey at dmiyu.org> wrote:
> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> I'm not entirely sure your hypothesis is provable.  I think I could say with
>> as much authority that Firefox and others have broken the stranglehold IE
>> had on the browser market because they provided features (like tabs) that
>> users wanted.
>
>    The adherence to standards also means not putting in questionable
> extension which cause security problems.  One of the main reasons people left
> IE in droves were concerns over security.  Were they leaving because of the
> adherence to standards?  No.  Was the adherence to standards part and parcel
> with good security practices?  Yes.

Well, you are absolutely right.  But they didn't make that connection
and weren't motivated by it.

Also, it was  that simple.  IE was designed to be insecure by the MS
marketing team who always chooses whiz-bang feature and integration
over security.  It didn't just fail to adhere to standard, it flouted
them.

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface