Screen real estate with dolphin

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 7 00:30:47 UTC 2008

David McGlone wrote:
> I remember somebody mentioned that they didn't like the fact that the bars are
> present on the left and right of dolphin and they felt it took away from the
> actual folder view.
>
> Anyway, I was sitting here playing around with dolphin and if you left click
> on the small "X" at the top of both columns there is a submenu where you can
> remove the columns.
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks for your remark.  It made me look.  Although I did not find the
small x you suggested, I did then look in the view menu and found left
and right sidebars.  You can remove a column by un-checking one of them,
however, it does not remember that process.  It appears that you have to
do that each time you want it removed rather than having it stay a
default.  It would be nice if it way stay the way you set it until you
changed it again as your choice.  I could lose the right sidebar
forever.  I use the left though.  Strange!  I just returned to Dolphin
to see my version and the right sidebar was no longer there, so I guess
the un-check stayed un-checked.  My version of Dolphin is 0.9.2 (Using
KDE 3.5.10).  Hope this info is useful.