Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 20:43:53 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 3:20:04 pm Derek Broughton wrote:
> > And finally someone points out that limiting pages to specific
> > browsers is bad for business.
>
> Well, Dotan's comment about changing banks because he couldn't do his
> banking via konqueror at least implicitly points out it's bad for business.
> I beta-tested my bank's first attempt at web banking.  Actually it was
> pretty good, fortunately, because it turned out they really weren't
> interested in hearing from me...

I'm sure this is not limited to US banks, but its not just the online banking
features that vary from bank to bank.  These days, solvency is an issue.  On
top of that the quality of overall customer service varies greatly.  Add to
that that some people and businesses do their depositing with a particular
bank that also provides their credit lines...  well it isn't that trivial to
just switch banks because of the online stuff.

I remember when my then 3 or 4 year old daughter while riding in her stroller
asked her mother to move the sun because it was in her eyes.

When we can't move the sun, perhaps we should consider a browser with a canopy
or sunglasses.