Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Nov 6 20:29:11 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>
> wrote:
>> Steve Lamb wrote:

>> I think you missed the point - NO browser application needs to ask what
>> browser I'm using.  You _test_ what the browser supports, rather than
>> relying on the browser telling you what it is, so the gmail problem is
>> _gmail's_, not Konqueror's.
>
> Yes, I think you are right. I still don't know what your point is.
> What is it?

Well, the point is that it's not only something that you can't blame
konqueror for, it's not something that even the best written software could
ever cope with (unless, by default, it simply claimed to be IE or Firefox).
As long as browser pages check what you're running the only way you'll ever
get them to work is to pretend you're running something else.
--
derek