Launchpad Bug 294167 Filed--Menu selection causes program crash

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at vzavenue.net
Thu Nov 6 14:19:04 UTC 2008

I dont know if anyone has experienced this bug or not, on my fresh install of
Kubuntu 8.10, I have a number of programs (Gnome-based I think) that are
crashing when I select any menu item (such as "File").  So far Eclipse,
Bluefish, and GPHPedit are affected.  Not sure what to make of it--something to
do with  KDE Xorg interaction maybe?

This bug may be important, so I decided to post a quick summary here.  Can
anyone confirm?  Also I see a boatload of KDE packages to update in Adept, so I
will do that tonight (Pacific Coast time) and report back.

Larry