Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:54:21 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 3:34:29 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I think that it was a good decision:
> 1) Web devs don't get confused with yet another browser

Reality check:  Too few people use Konqueror as a web browser for most web
developers to care.  This thread is evidence that Konqueror isn't even used
by a significant number of KDE users as a web browser, let alone the public
as a whole.  In reality, my bank cares as much about Konqueror users as it
does about Lynx or Links users.

> 2) Simple end users get a simple file manager
> 3) Advanced users can use Konqueror like we always have.

But isn't that "simple file manager" the kio_slave that provides the
simplistic future functionality for Konqueror-as-file-manager?  How does
running dolphin through Konqueror, make it less simplistic and more powerful?