Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 14:30:26 UTC 2008

> Thank you, Nils, for pointing out exactly the human flaw. Somehow I
> have been unable to put my finger exactly on the problem as you have.
>
> I'd just like to add that the path to 'improved' is experimental, some
> changes are improvements and some make things worse. That is why
> d3lphin was created, to see what was good and to see what was bad.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

Which is wonderful and as it should be. The problem is with making it
default. That is just bad thinking when it comes to a distro for
newbies or real use.

I run the latest and greatest software (cvs) on some projects like
Blender3d. I have crashes and I file bug reports. That is MY choice. I
expect my distro to only make things default when they are as strong
or stronger that the current default!!! I don't even expect it to be
perfect, just better. That is the whole idea right?  It must be a step
forward NOT backwards. I think this is simple to understand and it is
easy to see the need for it with a distro like *ubuntu. Anything less
in unprofessional.

--
Douglas E Knapp