Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 14:01:21 UTC 2008

2008/11/4 Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net>:
> Billie Walsh wrote:
>> In other words, It's something new and different. People don't want
>> "new and different". They want old and familiar.
>
> I think it is even worse. While people don't want something new and
> different, they simultaneously want to have the latest (and greatest)
> version of their software. Somehow they don't understand that these two
> wishes aren't compatible.

Thank you, Nils, for pointing out exactly the human flaw. Somehow I
have been unable to put my finger exactly on the problem as you have.

I'd just like to add that the path to 'improved' is experimental, some
changes are improvements and some make things worse. That is why
d3lphin was created, to see what was good and to see what was bad.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il