Flash 10 in Hardy?

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Mon Nov 3 13:21:57 UTC 2008

David McGlone wrote:
> On Monday 03 November 2008 1:23:34 am Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> How can I get Flash 10 in Hardy Heron (8.04)?
>> I know that I can download it from the Adobe website and install it in /opt
>> -- how then do I replace Flash 9?
>
> How did you install Flash 9?
>
> If you used adept, then just do:
> sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree, or use adept or synaptic.

OK, that sounds straight forward. Do I then have to make symlinks to the new Flash in /opt? Or
just copy the relevant files to /? -- I just had a look in /usr/lib/ for the existing Flash
plugin and I must admit that I am now somewhat confused. There are several dirs, including:
/usr/lib/firefox/plugins
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.3/plugins (which is actually a link to /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins
(which is empty).
and:
/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree (which contains the libflashplayer.so file).

So, where do I put the libflashplayer.so for Flash 10?

Blessings,

Nigel