re Kubuntu app for checking emails

Pablo L plberd-kubuntu at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Nov 1 01:04:05 UTC 2008

I googled it and it and found a description:

"POP Peeper is an email notifier that runs in your Windows task bar and alerts
you when you have new email on your POP3, IMAP (with IDLE support),
Hotmail\MSN\LiveMail, Yahoo, GMail, Mail.com, MyWay, Excite, iWon, Lycos.com,
RediffMail, Juno and NetZero accounts. IMAP supports allows you to access AOL,
AIM, Netscape and other services. Send mail directly from POP Peeper and use the
address book to email your frequently used contacts. POP Peeper allows you to
view messages using HTML or you can choose to safely view all messages in rich
or plain text."[...] (http://www.poppeeper.com/)

I know there are some mail notifiers, I've used one myself some years ago... You
could try an independent mail notifier or use Kmail's option to keep an icon in
the system tray (you'll find that tab in kmail's look settings).

Pablo L.