changes that made 8.04 upgrade work using aptitude

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri May 30 20:12:59 UTC 2008

Paul Lemmons wrote:

>> That's what "aptitude clean" does, and rm-ing shouldn't do anything else.
>>
> I think that Chuck is saying that it did not and is confused by the
> fact. Frankly I am too. What you say, I believe to be true but Chuck's
> experience is to the contrary.

Yes, but if he did a "sudo aptitude clean", and it didn't
clean /var/cache/apt/archives, he needs to file a bug report.

Unless the problem is that there's a "partial" download that's somehow
corrupt - I don't think clean is supposed to remove those, as "install"
should just resume downloading them.
--
derek