OT: Kmail, POP3, list, thread and Gmail

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Mon May 26 18:26:36 UTC 2008

Il martedì 20 maggio 2008 18:54:46 Sylviane et Perry White ha scritto:

> I can, but only on Gmail'site.
>
> Sorry I don't have much time now. Last week I created a second Gmail
> address and tried to filter and redirect my mail there. The filter works
> (it can add labels) but no transfer occurs. The manual transfer is possible
> but useless...I don't want to have to connect to the site every time.
> I found some comments about that in Google.
> So I got a third address at Yahoo, will experiment soon to find out if I
> can use Yahoo's smtp to send. It will be no surprise if I have to change my
> subscription to the list (it happened when Sunrise changed for Gmail). And
> then the mail will all be delivered to Yahoo? Or I keep 2 subscriptions to
> the list...not very elegant.

Try another, simple, local workaround: if you have your mail organized in
folders, like me, and use filters to distribute the messages, tell
kmail "keep the replies in this folder" (right-click on a folder >>>
properties)

> I just wonder why, after living with tiny mailboxes, Gmail encourages you
> to store Gbytes on their servers.

Big Brother is now everywhere, and listen and read all you say and write... we
are not in 2008, we are in 1984...

--
Valter
Gnupgp ID: 0xD7274715 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com