CD drive

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Tue May 13 13:53:29 UTC 2008

Since moving to Gutsy I have been having problems with my CD/DVD
drive. When I put a disk in the computer sometimes finds it and
sometimes not. I have tried to play a music disk, I have tried to
read a previously recorded data DVD and I cannot get it to find the
files.

Could it be a faulty drive (two years old now)? Any suggestions
anybody please? I don't want to spend out on a new drive unless I am
forced to. Are there any utilities to look at the drive and to tell
me if there are problems?

Thanks

Neil Winchurst