Installing and newbies

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Fri May 9 13:32:10 UTC 2008

On Friday 09 May 2008 15:10:46 Derek Broughton wrote:

> ime, Hardy itself doesn't have any problems, but the kernel (2.6.24.17.19)
> they include does - I can't get wireless working and I don't think
> virtualbox drivers exist for it.

Have you got hardy proposed and, maybe, unsupported? You don't get 2.6.24.17
if you don't. Wireless, if it is ndiswrapper you're using, it's really a
mess. And yeah, it worked beautifully in Gutsy and that's the reason why I
haven't yet pushed that "Advance version" button in Adept in the only
remaining gusty I have.

--
lanzen