konversation keeps getting owned

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sat Mar 29 20:57:33 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008, Derek Broughton wrote:
[...]
| > Plus only one post in every 142,000 isn't spam.

Seeing as I maintain quite a few mailing lists for Ubuntu, I would have to
disagree with this statement. I would say 2 in 142,000, or 1 in every 71,000
isn't spam :p

| Not even close.  You just have to use a reliable news service.  However, I
| wasn't really thinking of Usenet, but either dedicated NNTP servers (as
| some vendors use) or gated news like gmane - which is strictly mail lists,
| but slower :-).

People still use usenet? I mean of course except for that pr0n stuff.

[...]

| Right.  And of course they never learned to type, so they hunt & peck in
| l33t.  I can type full sentences faster than the kids type their
| unintelligible shorthand.

I haven't seen this type of communication standard except in Enter The Game and
other sub par IRC servers that aren't Freenode or OFTC. Most of the responses I
see in the channels are fairly quick as long as someone is around to answer.

[...]

| I hate phones, too - but at least we don't use party lines anymore, which
| is what ICQ is.

+1 :)

| > I guess I'm just a crotchety old bastard.
|
| No guess at all!  I recognize the type from personal experience :-)

I know I am crotchety :p

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org