konversation keeps getting owned

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Mar 29 12:42:34 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:

> I am not a fan of IRC either, Michael, but the quickest way to get a bug
> fixed, or a feature added to emc is to ask the guys that wrote it, in
> person. Most of them are on IRC, or running a log of what goes by on that
> channel. I've had them go look up something I thought was odd, and had the
> src code
> fix on my machine compiling the fixed version in 20 minutes.  That is
> rather hard to beat.

But that's purely because it's their choice of support mode, not because
it's _better_.  To get a fix in 20 minutes still needs somebody to be
continually following the discussion.  Mail lists are darn near as fast.
Newsgroups will be slightly slower due to the batch nature of updating the
news spool.

--
derek