ndiswrapper questions

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:27:18 UTC 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 15:07:38 D. R. Evans wrote:

> The issue seems to be that the help page says that when you perform the
> scan, the second column should describe the mode of the network... but it
> doesn't, it always shows up blank. So I think that then when I try to go to
>  that network by clicking on it, the system defaults to assuming that it's
> ad-hoc.

You're talking about KWiFi so... I had to check it out.  ;)

Nice, but I don't really see any big difference from nm as the same info is
more or less shown on both. Scanning works, but I see - as expected - the
same channels nm sees. The manual here says that the scan results depend on
the card, driver and whether you're root or not (??).

> I have no idea why scanning the networks doesn't provide the system with
> the mode. It is 100% consistent, though.

I don't see that either, nor in network-manager. of course it shows in konsole
with "iwlist scan".

--
lanzen