Problem with Frostwire under Kubuntu 7.10 (gutsy)

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 23:51:24 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Rosalind Mitchell <rcm at swimbarrow.co.uk> wrote:
> I have installed Frostwire by downloading the .deb package from the Frostwire
>  site and running $sudo dpkg -i against it.  The installation goes fine, but
>  when I try to run it, it fails with the attached diagnostic.  Anybody able to
>  shed any light?  Thanks.

Hmm, no one has answered, so I'll give it a shot.  Java crashed.  It
wasn't that frostwire had a coding problem, but the JVM itself has a
bug.

I would try grabbing the latest JVM from java.sun.com.  I notice that
there is a more recent version out.  If that doesn't work, try one of
the java 5 versions.

Michael