Please keep it civil

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Mon Jun 2 13:53:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Scott <slewin at bmts.com> wrote:

> People's rants (Good and bad) are best said either on the develops list,
> where you are guaranteed to have developers, or submitted as a bug,
> where you are also guaranteed developers.  I don't understand why you
> think developers ignore bug request like M$ does and I don't have a clue
> why someone would think this list would be best for ranting to developers.

The few developer lists I've ever subscribed to explicitly do *NOT*
want users ranting; they only want technical discussion, or problem
descriptions.

> I also don't understand why these rants are allowed on this list and I

It's a discussion list, as has been repeatedly pointed out. These are
discussions, not bug reports. And since they concern KDE and KUbuntu,
they are entirely on-topic, and so *do* belong.

Don't even get me started on "allowed" ...

> communication and rants are only one-way.  I know if rants are going to
> be allowed on this list I don't think I am going to help anymore people
> on this list because I already have enough kids here and I don't need to
> read about people whining like children on this list.  I mean, I am not

Your choice. It's Linux - someone else probably will pick up the
slack, or not, as the case may be. In any event, you are as free as
others to either post (on topic), or not post, as you see fit.

> a fan of KDE4 myself right now, but I did the mature thing and wrote
> about the good things I like and submitted bug reports about the things
> I found wrong or don't like, and, what a surprise, I received responses
> from the developers.

With that attitude, perhaps it's best that you chose to limit your
help to end users, and instead concentrate on helping developers, by
submitting bug reports.

--
Michael J. Leone
<mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, a comedy for those who think,
and a cereal for those who are hungry ...