Problems with KDE4 under Kubuntu Hardy

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Mon Jun 2 05:21:02 UTC 2008

Andrew Jarrett wrote:
> No, no; it's a single movement.  Drag "Application Launcher" straight
> to where you want it from the "Add Widgets" menu.  Don't add it to
> your desktop first.

    My apologies.  I started my previous response and quoted this section
while I rebooted into KDE4.  I had meant to test this and respond but hit send
before doing so.  Mea Culpa.

    For the record, this did work exactly as above.  However one has to drag
the icon itself.  Dragging the text of the widget only minimizes the "Add
Widgets" dialog.  Not sure why.  Anyway, thank you for pointing this out to
me.  Now to get that hidden copy off my desktop.

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       |   And dream I do...