Doing it the KDE way - mounting "media"

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Sun Jun 1 11:01:29 UTC 2008

    Ok, I have an NTFS partition I'd like to automount when I log in.  Right
now I mount it by browsing to it through Dolphin, double clicking it and
letting whatever magic in Dolphin handle it.  However I would like for the
drive to be mounted manually as there are files on that drive that I want to
use right away.

    Now, I /could/ resolve this by putting an entry in /etc/fstab but since I
got my hand slapped for daring to upgrade from 7.10 to 8.04 with 'aptitude
full-upgrade' I'm trying to hold off and do this the KUbuntu way.

    In a moment of cattiness let me say this...  Dolphin does have an option
to set the drive to automount.  It even asks for my password since it is doing
something sudo-rific.  Like much else in Dolphin, it doesn't work.  I am /SO/
glad it's there and we're forced to use it.  </cattiness>

    So, anyway, what's the KUbuntu way to get the drive to automount for the user?

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       |   And dream I do...