Kmail missing from KDE 4.0 Koffice

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Wed Jan 23 19:57:21 UTC 2008

On 24/01/2008, at 5:26 AM, Chris Gow wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 January 2008 11:21:23 Derek Broughton wrote:
>>
>> Practically any mailbox can be imported by kmail (the package has
>> been
>> separated out as kmailcvt), but this is the #1 reason why I'm not
>> even
>> trying KDE4.  I keep installing the latest updates, and all of
>> KDEPIM is
>> still broken.
> Is there any reason why you do not run KDEPIM 3.5 in a KDE 4
> session? That
> works (at least for me).
>
> KDEPIM 4 won't be released until KDE 4.1 comes out which is sometime
> in July

Yet another example of the "wait for the first update" rule when
wanting something new ;)  Like many, I avoid any software that is
version x.0; I usually wait for x.1 before installing if it's anything
I rely on.  I have a parallel installation of KDE 3.5 and 4.0 on my
Kubuntu workstation in the office, but only "dabble" in KDE4.  I still
rely on the tried and trusted KDE 3.5 for all my work duties.  Having
said that though, what I've seen of KDE4 is great, just not quite all
there yet (a lot of icons and button images are missing for one).

Besides, I spent a fair bit of time getting beryl+superkaramba+kde 3.5
all singing and dancing in unison, I don't want to go through all that
again on KDE4 :)

--
James