State of Konqueror ?

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 20:22:27 UTC 2008

Richard said the following on 01/17/2008 02:45 PM:
> last, the Only browser, that score over 60 in the acid3 test,  was firefox 3
> beta 3, Konqueror version 3.5.8 [crash and burn.]

The truth is that all gecko based browsers freeze on certain javascript
web pages I view.  Talk about wasting time killing and restarting and
reloading.  It's a daily problem here.  The only way I can get it to
work is to use konqueror to identify the url of the script, then cut and
paste it into firefox's adblock filter.  Then I can get firefox to work,
but it's very time consuming and annoying.

> I'm just pointing out, some issue with Konqueror, would hate to see,
> a great application, get thrown by the wayside... as it appears to be
> happening... according to all the hype about kde 4 and its eyecandy.

Konqueror is worse in it's present state, but my hope is that webkit can
be successfully used to make it better than firefox on all web pages,
then I'll make the switch.  If it weren't for the flash plugin problem,
I'd be testing it out now with webkitkde as the driver.

What happened to opera .. I just tried it on a web page that konqueror
couldn't work because of the flash problem, and even opera didn't work
with the latest flash .. is it broken too?

regards,