Kubuntu 8.04, KDE 3 and KDE 4 and LTS

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 04:38:59 GMT 2008

Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> According to the notes and discussion from the past two Kubuntu Devel
> mtgs, I think the mtg notes were posted to this list and the devel list
> there is going to be a cd of KDE3.5 released on cdimages.ubuntu.com
> <http://cdimages.ubuntu.com> and then 4.0 will be avialable from shipit
> and from releases.ubuntu.com <http://releases.ubuntu.com>
>
> Hope that helps clarify things

I guess I can live with that (or have to as it seems...) though I think
it should be the other way around. I still think that to make a KDE4
that does not even have a beta PIM in place the "base" package is
completely wrong. I have understood why Canonical do not want to make
8.04 an LTS though I think they are wrong too - if they can tinker with
a by now ancient version of Gnome for 6.06 then I think keeping a stable
KDE 3.5.8 (or 9) could not be that difficult.

Sinclair