KDE 4.0.0!

Jesus Arocho jesus_arocho at comcast.net
Sun Jan 13 13:56:35 UTC 2008

On Sunday 13 January 2008 07:28:59 Donn wrote:
> > Ignore this post.  I can't believe I had never noticed that my kde 3
> > behaves in the same manner!!!  After all these years...
>
> Ha! That takes the cake :D Did your mouse never bump into the side of the
> screen?
>
> \d
>

> --
> When there's an emergency how come we never hear anyone shout "Let me
> through, I'm an aromatherapist!"
> -- unknown
>
> Fonty Python and other dev news at:
> http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

That is the beauty of it, of course the mouse bumped against the edge.  For
some reason I convinced myself that this was new in kde 4 and spent 1/2 hour
trying to fix it.  On the other hand getting icons to the size I want was
more difficult.  It was not until I ran adept this morning that the icons
responded to a new size, and then only if I restart the desktop, not when I
click on apply.  The panel icons, or whatever the new name is for the strip
at the bottom of the screen, I have not been able to change.

Also, I changed the background to a different picture and when I restarted the
desktop I only got a white screen.  Now I have to change the wallpaper every
time I log in, unless I want a white screen.

I am getting use to it and it is promising, but it is buggy.  I have one
laptop and four other desktops to change but will not do so until more
stable.  I thank all of the programmer involved!!