Installation of Joomla 1.5 at Kubuntu 7.10

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:17:00 UTC 2008

> At present, I am looking for a clearly written installation guide for
> Joomla 1.5. at Kubuntu 7.10.
I'd imagine it's much like Mambo and Drupal : uncompress it into your apache
web directory somewhere (e.g /home/bas/public_html) and then point your
browser at http://localhost/~bas/JoomlaX.X
That should start it's install process.

1. If your web directory is not in public_html, it may be in /var/www
2. Google around for apache2 stuff to get that kind of thing setup - it's not
easy and I always forget what I've done 3 seconds after I did it :)
3. You'll prob. need mysql server installed first (that's most common)

\d